Posted on January 8, 2021
To Do List – Costa Rica Property 2021
Courtesy Roger Peterson – CostaRicanLaw.com
What do I need to do for 2021 ?
For those of you that own a Costa Rica company or property then add these items to your 2021 list:
1. Annual Company Tax. Due by January 31, 2021. For inactive holding companies the amount is ¢69,330 (approx US$115)
2. Income Tax Returns. Due by March 31, 2021. For the first time the government is also requiring inactive companies to file an income tax return to disclose company assets even if they did not generate any income. A bill opposing this requirement has been presented in the legislature. However, if that bill is not approved in time then we will need to comply with the existing law.
3. Shareholder and Beneficial Owner Disclosure Form. Due by April 30, 2021. This is an extension due to Covid for the filing that was originally due in September of 2020 and has been extended to April 30, 2021
4. Municipal Property Taxes. For property owners the first trimester of 2021 is due March 31, 2021.
5. Luxury Home Tax. If your property is subject to the Luxury Home Tax then the filing is due by January 31, 2021.