Updated on December 8, 2021
Entry Requirements for Costa Rica, Canada and the USA
2. Have a return flight booked for exit out of Costa Rica within 90 days.
As of August 1, 2021, all tourists who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and inoculated with Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson can enter the country without a travel policy. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days before arrival in Costa Rica.
Vaccinated tourists must attach the vaccination certificate to the Health Pass. As proof, vaccination certificates and vaccination cards that contain at least the following information will be accepted:
1. Name of the person who received the vaccine
2. Date of each dose
Regarding the policy, you can choose any international insurance company that meets the following requirements:
1. Valid during the entire stay in Costa Rica (coverage dates). Be sure that your policy covers the entire length of your intended stay because Costa RIcan Immigration will stamp your passport with the number of days that your insurance policy covers.
2. $50,000 for medical expenses, including COVID-19 disease.
3. $2,000 for lodging expenses in case of COVID-19 quarantine.
Ask your insurance company for a certificate/letter in English or Spanish stating the following:
1. Name of the person traveling.
2. Validity of the effective policy during the Costa Rica visit (travel dates).
3. Guarantee of coverage for medical expenses in case of COVID 19 in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000
4. Minimum coverage of $2,000 for lodging expenses for quarantine or trip interruption for this same amount.
This certificate must specify that the policy covers COVID-19 and must be uploaded to the HEALTH PASS to be reviewed and approved by the Costa Rican authorities. Insurance cards are not accepted, it must be a document that allows the verification of the coverage mentioned.